You are here
Terms And Conditions
We may revise, modify or change the Terms at any time at our sole discretion with or without notice. Your continued use of the Site after we post changes to the Terms constitutes acceptance of the Terms as modified. It is your responsibility to regularly review the Terms.
Headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
The use of this website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- MapMyPHOTO includes information, images, commentary, content, opinions and material that our users upload (User Content).
- You agree to upload and post only User Content that you have created yourself.
- We are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to User Content.
- We don't test or verify any User Content on the Site. While we do not knowingly accept User Content that violates another's rights, we are not responsible if it happens.
- You are responsible for your own User Content. You agree to conform to Site polices and guidelines concerning the size, length, format, subject, content, and relevancy of User Content. Submitting User Content that violates our rules or any applicable local, national or international laws or regulations is not acceptable, and may subject you to sanctions, including termination of your account.
- Our moderators strive to highlight User Content that we determine to be most interesting or useful to our user community.
- We encourage you to always keep backups of your Content. We are not responsible if any of your Content is deleted, or if any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Site or services causes you to lose any Content.
- By contributing content material to this website, including but not limited to: text, images or other content means that you grant MapMyPHOTO the right to permanently store and indefinitely present it for public viewing on www.mapmyphoto.co.uk, without payment. However we respect our users' intellectual property and therefore the copyright of every image remains with the respective photographer. If you are not prepared to accept this, please do not upload or contribute anything to MapMyPHOTO.co.uk.
- We reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to edit, redact or delete User Content that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, or for any other reasons, which we need not disclose, at our sole discretion and convenience.
- We reserve the right to apply a watermark to all uploaded images.
- MapMyPHOTO owns all rights to the Site, its services, the technology, information, documents, files, webpages and other product developed in connection with the Site or available on the Site unless explicitly stated. Submitting User Content to any area of the Site does NOT transfer ownership rights. You retain the ownership rights to your User Content.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All content material can only be used for reference purposes only; content may not be reproduced, published, distributed, downloaded, modified or otherwise used in any form including electronic copying without the express permission of MapMyPHOTO.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- The content of MapMyPHOTO is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- While we make an effort to keep the Site up and running at all times, we're also not responsible for any errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User communication, whether the result of our maintenance of the Site or any problems or technical malfunction of any network, servers, software or equipment, Internet traffic or any other failure of any nature.
- We may make changes to MapMyPHOTO's content, products and prices at any time without notice. The content, products and prices on this Site may be out of date and we make no commitment to update them.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The information on this website does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of MapMyPHOTO. Neither should any suggestions or advice contained on this website be relied upon in place of professional advice. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given on this website before entering into any commitment based upon them.
- Use of the mapping service that we provide is entirely subjected to Google Maps terms and conditions.
Third Party Websites:
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We assume no responsibility for the content, policies or practices of the linked website(s). You expressly agree to release MapMyPHOTO from any liability that arises from your use of a third party website.
Conduct of Users:
- You may not use the Site to advertise products or services, to solicit users to buy or sell products or services.
- You may not reproduce or distribute, or cause to be reproduced or distributed, any image or material that you retrieve from the Site, without the express prior permission of both MapMyPHOTO and, in the case of copyrighted materials, the copyright owner.
- You may not use the Site to violate anyone's copyright, trademark, intellectual property rights, or privacy rights. The User Content that you submit must be your work in its entirety.
- You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Site, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Site (e.g. comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes.
- No unauthorised attempt shall be made to knowingly alter or introduce malicious content or changes to this website. In doing so you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website, for example when visiting a "location" is entirely at your own risk for which we shall not be liable.
- MapMyPHOTO strictly does not endorse or accept liability to the fullest extent for the act of trespassing when in the process of reaching or indeed photographing a "location".
- Failure to abide by these restrictions may result in sanctions including termination of your user privileges on MapMyPHOTO and cancellation of your account, as well as legal sanctions, if applicable.
- A MapMyPHOTO Member is a person (i) who is 18 years of age or over, legally capable of agreeing to, and has agreed to, the MapMyPHOTO Terms (ii) is younger than 18 but has been registered with parental consent, whose name, e-mail address, and account information have been provided to MapMyPHOTO as the person responsible for a particular membership account.
- You may only register as a member once with MapMyPHOTO. We reserve the right to terminate and delete any duplicate accounts at our sole discretion at any time and without notice.
Subscriptions and Paid Services:
- Pro accounts are offered to registered members in return for more site functionality and content.
- We use a third party payment processor to process your financial information through a link on the Site. Our subscription program may be altered, revised or modified at any time, with or without notice. If we change a subscription program, we will endeavor to provide subscribers with comparable services for the duration of their subscription period. If your subscription is terminated by you or us for any reason, you will not receive a refund of any subscription fees.
- Pro Membership will be paid at the time of registration; the amount is dependent on the length of membership you choose. The fee includes charges related to use of MapMyPHOTO’s functionality.
- The cost shall be determined by MapMyPHOTO and we reserve the right to make changes without notice.
- The MapMyPHOTO Member is responsible for payment of the annual fee at the time of renewal. If at any time a credit card charge is refused or a payment due is not made by the Member, MapMyPHOTO may, at its sole discretion, immediately suspend or terminate MapMyPHOTO Membership.
- The Member is responsible for and must provide all computer, telephone and other equipment and services necessary to access MapMyPHOTO. In addition, a Member is responsible for any access charges incurred through on-line services, telephone companies, or Internet service providers used in obtaining access to MapMyPHOTO.
- You must not submit information to MapMyPHOTO that is false or attempts to hide your identity or that you do not have the right to disclose including, but not limited to, registering on MapMyPHOTO from an anonymous or false email address.
- Although every care will be taken to prevent downtime and technical issues, Members will not be entitled to credit or a refund for times when MapMyPHOTO is experiencing downtime, technical issues or is otherwise unavailable
Termination by MapMyPHOTO Member:
- You may terminate MapMyPHOTO membership at any time. To terminate your account, you can either notify us or let your membership expiry at the renewal date. After receipt of your termination notice, we will close your account. No refund will be given if you decide to terminate membership before the subscriptions expiry.
Termination by MapMyPHOTO:
- We may terminate your MapMyPHOTO Membership at any time in the event of a breach of this Agreement by the MapMyPHOTO Member or anyone accessing MapMyPHOTO using the Member's User Name.
- The MapMyPHOTO Member is responsible for keeping their password and account details confidential. The MapMyPHOTO Member agrees to notify us of any unauthorized use of the MapMyPHOTO Member's password or account or any other security breach.
- You are responsible for all activities that occur on your account, whether or not you authorize them You acknowledge that we rely on your email address to keep you apprised of certain information on the Site. If we attempt to contact you and find that your email address is inoperable, your account may be suspended. You are responsible for keeping your email address accurate and up-to-date.
- MapMyPHOTO will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the Member's failure to comply with these provisions.
- MapMyPHOTO’s Userpoints rewards program and related benefits are offered at the sole discretion of MapMyPHOTO. MapMyPHOTO retains the right to change, limit, modify or cancel program rules, regulations, rewards, and reward levels at any time, with or without notice, even though such changes may affect the value of points already accumulated, the ability to use accumulated points, or the ability to obtain rewards. MapMyPHOTO may, among other things cancel the program without notice; substantially increase or decrease the number of points required for a reward, such as an account upgrade without notice; withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any reward; change program benefits, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining, or forfeiting points, or rules governing the use of rewards.
- The accumulation of points does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to points, rewards, or program benefits. In accumulating points, members may not rely upon the continued availability of any reward or reward level.
- Points will expire after twelve (12) consecutive months of account inactivity. Points will not expire as long as you participate in a point-earning activity at least once a year.
- Despite efforts to ensure accuracy, printing errors and other mistakes occasionally occur. MapMyPHOTO reserves the right to correct such mistakes or errors at any time even if corrections affect a pending reward redemption.
- Points have no cash value. Points in this program cannot be exchanged for cash or credit, may not be used with any other offer, promotion or discount, and cannot be combined with cash to obtain a reward.
- Userpoints may by used to upgrade to a pro-account without charge. Seven hundred and fifty (750) Userpoints will be deducted upon upgrading to a Pro-account for free.
- Members Userpoints transaction histories will be reviewed prior to, or after all free account upgrades, should this reveal transactions activity which breaches the Userpoints terms of which will be determine at the sole discretion of MapMyPHOTO, we reserve the right to deny or reverse the account upgrade with immediate effect, without notification and a Userpoints refund.
- All Userpoints acquired Pro-accounts will expire after a period of 12months with immediate effect.
- Pro-accounts acquired by Userpoints are subject to all membership terms.
- Should users achieve a Userpoints total of 5000 points they will acquire the account status of Dedicated User, thus entitling them to the functionality associated with a Pro-account for life.
- In the case of fraud or abuse involving Userpoints or reward use, MapMyPHOTO has the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, and all points earned through the program may be forfeited and the account closed.
- Accrued points do not constitute property of the member. Points accrued by a member are for the member's benefit only and may not be sold, bartered, traded, exchanged, or transferred in any way. Violation of this rule may result in the termination of the membership and forfeiture of all points in the member's account. If any person other than the member that accrued the points attempts to use points, the request will be void and the reward will be denied.
- In an effort to maintain the integrity of the Userpoint rewards program, MapMyPHOTO may investigate all accounts that are believed to violate these Terms and Conditions.
Online forums - Community Guidelines
- MapMyPHOTO's Website forums are provided for the exchange of information, opinions and comments. Your use of these forums is subject to the following terms:
- You may not use obscene or offensive language.
- You may not place on the site any material that is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful.
- You may not place on the site any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not place on the site any material belonging to any person other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
- You may not place on the site advertisements or make commercial solicitations.
- You grant MapMyPHOTO the right to permanently store all content & present it for public viewing on www.mapmyphoto.co.uk, without payment.
- We reserve the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted to our Online Forums.
- MapMyPHOTO accept no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on our Online Forums by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- If you object to the publication of any material placed on our Online Forums (or anywhere else on this website) please let us know by sending an appropriately worded email to and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
- From time to time, we (or selected third parties) may include competitions, promotions or other offers on this website.
- These terms and conditions are the overarching general terms and conditions that apply to all the competitions promoted by MapMyPHOTO.
- Competitions may also have their own specific terms and conditions (such as entry details, opening/closing dates and competitions prizes). Any such Competition-specific terms and conditions will be made available by means of the relevant media as part of the website or in-print promotion of the particular Competition. Where any such Specific Terms conflict with these General Terms, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
- By entering any Competition you agree that you will be legally bound by these General Terms and also any applicable Specific Terms.
- Our Competitions are open to all persons resident in the UK. We reserve the right to require that the parent or guardian of any person aged 18 or less confirms in writing that they agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and will accept any prize on behalf of an under-18 prizewinner.
- It will be our sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
- Deficient entries: In all Competitions, we reserve the right to reject any entries that are inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient. We also reserve the right to reject entries that are unlawful, indecent, racist, inflammatory, defamatory or which we consider to be otherwise harmful to the goodwill and reputation of our station that is running the Competition in question. We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries .
- Multiple Entries. Unless otherwise permitted pursuant to any Specific Terms, no person may enter any Competition more than once and persons may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company.
- Retrospective Effect. Where an entrant or prizewinner has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of a Competition and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions, we may nevertheless still enforce our right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to us of any prize even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prizewinner in question.
- We reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes and prizewinners must accept prizes in the form offered.
- All prizewinners will be notified that they have won a prize within twenty eight (28) days of the closing date of the Competition via email.
- Prizes will be despatched to the winners via the UK mail service, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes that are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control. Prizes will only be delivered to an address within the UK.
- All prizes are subject to availability, non transferable and non exchangeable. If a prizewinner does not take any element of a prize at the time stipulated by us then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
- We make no representation or warranty in relation to prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability to you in relation to any prize, its fitness for purposes, merchantability or otherwise.
- All prizes must be claimed within twenty-one (21) days of our notification of winning unless otherwise stated.
- We reserve the right to award prizes unclaimed after this period to alternative prizewinners or not to award them at all.
Publicity and Personal Information:
- Should an entrant be required to submit a third party’s personal information as a part of entry into or participation in any Competition, each entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the entrant to us has given or will give their consent for their details to be provided to us and to be contacted by us in relation to the relevant Competitions.
- It is a condition of your entry to our Competitions that we have the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public the names, home towns, characters, likeness and voices of entrants to our Competitions for the running of the Competitions and matters incidental to the Competition.
- All entrants and particularly prizewinners, may be required by us to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s). In this regard you agree that we shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any medium and in any manner we see fit, unless you advise us at the time of entering the Competition that you wish to retain your anonymity. If you elect for anonymity, we may not be able to include you in certain Competitions.
- Should any Competition require entrants to submit a photograph as a part of entry into or participation and used in the Competition:
- entrants warrant that they are the person in the Photograph or have prior approval from the person in the Photograph that it may be submitted as part of their entry;
- entrants agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the Photographs in any media including, but not limited to, online, at all times without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the Competition;
- entrants acknowledge that we may edit the Photographs in our sole discretion; (d) entrants agree that we have the right to use entrants' names, likenesses and other personal information in conjunction with the Photographs;
- entrants agree not to bring against us any actions, suits, claims and demands in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their Photographs;
- Where any prize is awarded via a prize draw, prizewinners will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries.
Tampering and other Matters:
- If for any reason any Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Competition, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and/or any draw/s or judging related to the Competition and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
Termination of Competition:
- MapMyPHOTO may vary the terms of, or terminate, a Competition at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other person.
- All our decisions relating to the Competition and/or redemption of the prizes are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- MapMyPHOTO makes no warranty that:
- This site will meet your requirements.
- This site will be effective, accurate, reliable or secure.
- Any errors in the services used through this site, or any defects in this site itself will be corrected.
- Any data downloaded from this site will be free of computer viruses and will not cause damage to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm.
- This site does not include technical or other mistakes, inaccuracies, or typographical errors.
In the event that any term of these Terms & Conditions of Use is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions of Use shall remain valid and enforceable.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.